The Beauty Team transformed Imperial Tobacco employees into the Spice Girls and other celebs for a super fun lip sync battle!
We’ve already touched on how you can make your employee appreciation night extra special by providing pampering services like hairstyling, makeup, manicures and massages… but what if you want to take it to the next level and REALLY delight your team? How about an EPIC LIP SYNC BATTLE?! Honestly, this was one of the most fun events we’ve ever been a part of so we thought we’d share it with you in case you’re inspired to do something similar for your team.
Imperial Tobacco recently hosted a staff appreciation event at Toronto’s Hotel X. Over 400 of their staff members were invited for an evening of appreciation and pampering, and the event planners at Zeste Incentive hired The Beauty Team to help make the event one to remember. But we didn’t stop there! The Beauty Team was also enlisted for the after party at Rebel Nightclub, where we provided hair, makeup and wardrobe styling for a super fun lip sync battle. We created celebrity looks inspired by Grease, 50 Cent, the Spice Girls, Beyonce and more, with customized props, wigs and costumes that blew everyone away! How fun is that?!
We know the question on everyone’s minds… how the heck to you transform a group of regular folks into the Spice Girls? Here are some pro tips from one of our talented makeup artists to get you started (thanks Nicole!):
- Pop stars are known for wearing bold makeup colours, which look great on stage. Liquid lipstick (we like MAC) is a great base for eyeshadow if you really want it to stand out. Plus, they’re creamy and easy to blend.
- You also want to use an eye colour base so the bold colours don’t transfer onto the skin (try Mac’s 24-hour Eye Base).
- Layering is key. After applying your eye colour base, then your creamy eye colour, set it all with a powder so it stands the test of sweaty dancing and hot stage lights.
- If you don’t use a setting powder, try a good sealer like Green Marble, which is popular among theatre performers.
- Exaggerating features helps you take on a celebrity’s look as well, so use lots of highlighting and contouring to mimic the celeb’s facial features. This also works very well for the stage because it’s easier to see from afar.
- Glitter can be fun! It catches the light nicely and won’t look too dramatic on stage.
- When it comes to lashes… GO BIG or GO HOME! They open up the eyes and make them stand out for the crowd.
Try something similar at your next event
Whether you want to try something tame or really ‘out there’ for your next special event, The Beauty Team has the products and skills to make it happen. Plus, we always select the appropriate artists depending on your needs. We can do anything from sleek corporate looks to costume party fun! To learn more about custom hair and makeup services tailored for your next event, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.