The Beauty Team helped two speakers get ready for the stage and unforgiving high definition screens at Collision Conference 2019.
Collision Conference is a pretty big deal in the technology world, inviting some of the biggest names in tech, politics and pop culture to speak on the latest innovations in emerging and disruptive tech. At the 2019 conference recently held in Toronto, over 25,000 people showed up to hear from speakers like Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Seth Rogen, Ryan Holmes of Hootsuite and many more.
Imagine the pressure of speaking at such a huge event, where the HD cameras will be zooming into your pores and you might even run into PM JT himself… what do you do?! Call The Beauty Team! Two speakers called on us for our HD makeup expertise to help make sure they looked polished and professional for their appearances at the conference. We packed up our gear and brought our mobile hair and makeup services to their hotel rooms (which happened to be at the gorgeous new Hotel X just across the street from the conference venue).
Makeup tips for high definition success
As you may know, HD cameras are pretty unforgiving, highlighting every wrinkle, blemish and flyaway for the world to see. Thankfully, we’ve got some pro makeup tips for that:
- To ensure your base makeup appears invisible to the high definition cameras, prep your skin first and blend foundation well (we can’t stress this enough!).
- Resist the urge to experiment with bold colours—this is NOT the time to try that new neon orange trend or wacky eyeliner. Natural tones are the most flattering.
- Keep blush colours neutral and blend, blend, blend (then blend some more)!
- Keep lips looking healthy and luscious by using a lip scrub to get rid of dead skin cells prior to colour application.
- Creamy lip colours look best in HD so avoid matte colours (but if you must use matte, try dabbing gloss in the centre of the lips to add dimension and moisture).
- Always finish makeup with a fine mist of finishing spray to set your look and also prevent a cakey looking finish.
- Keep translucent powder on-hand in case your t-zone gets oily.
And the results are in!
We were super honoured that conference speakers Adi Tatarko, CEO of Houzz (hair and makeup), and Rose Kirk, Chief Corporate Responsibility Officer for Verizon (makeup) trusted our HD skills to help them look gorgeous for their appearances.
Do you need help making sure the HD cameras don’t give away all your secrets?
The Beauty Team can bring our services on-site to provide camera- and stage-ready hair and makeup, including nail services and makeup and hair touch-ups backstage as needed.
Learn more about our on-demand event hair and makeup services. For pricing and booking info, email us at email@example.com.